Prime Bank Ltd is one of the leading Private Banks in Kenya and was founded in 1992. With 25 years of experience, Prime Bank has the expertise to deliver flexible, efficient and personalized service, ensuring our customers profit from the best. Prime Bank has regional presence in Malawi, Botswana, Mozambique and Zambia through First Merchant Bank in Malawi. The Bank recently acquired Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe through First Merchant Bank, Malawi. In addition to this, the Bank also acquired 80% shareholding in Tausi Assurance Company Ltd.
- In 2017, the core capital of the Bank was at KShs.11.17 billion, against the statutory requirement of KShs. 1 billion.
- Customer deposits stood at KShs. 57.55 billion, while Total Net Advances stood at KShs. 38.81 billion.
- Profit after tax stood at KShs. 1.84 billion.
- Group profit stood at KShs. 2.122 billion.
- The liquidity position and capital adequacy ratios of the Bank were well above the requirement of Central Bank of Kenya.